Articles Comments

IHCS » Uncategorized » State Budget Posture not Pancasilais!

State Budget Posture not Pancasilais!

Logo-IHCS.jpg67 years ago on June 1, President Sukarno delivering a speech on Pancasila as state ideology of Indonesia, with the basics; nationalism, internationalism, consensus, prosperity, and divine
However, on the way, the values of Pancasila much denied by state officials, both from the executive and legislative (parliament and political parties). The most striking thing is the denial of the Fifth Precept, “Social justice for all Indonesian people” who actually have been translated by the Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia in which the state was given responsibility for the economic prosperity of its people in a format that populist and nationalist.
One proof of the denial of these values is the lack of state commitment in alleviating people from poverty. This is reflected in poor financial posture of the state as stipulated in the budget. Now, after 67 years of independence, the state budget has not sided with the citizens, especially the poor. Budget spending priorities have not been earmarked for poverty alleviation, empowerment of citizens who are poor or close access for poor people to get rid of the burden of poverty.
Visible example of this denial is the health budget allocation in the Revised Budget 2012 that are very low, ranging from 3.4%, under the provisions of Law No. 36 of 2009 on Health ordered the state to allocate at least 5% of the budget beyond salaries. In addition, the Budget Amendment of 2012 also led to the removal of subsidies on the people and indicates the handover of authority in the management of the petroleum to market mechanism.
Ironically, poor commitment of state administrators do not just take place in the national capital, but also locally. Budgets phenomenon is equally alarming. For example, in Kupang district, the budget allocation of health and malnutrition is only 9:02%. That clause was included in the budget “the empowerment of women and children”. In Aceh, only 835 million allocated for the health program of clause 2 billion health budget. Average in Budget 2012, budget officials spent almost between 60-70% of the budget for personnel, and the remaining 30% for development.
Poor financial state was clear the people buried in the pit of poverty. Call it the health sector. Life expectancy (life expectancy) Indonesia is still low at 65.8 years, 69.9 years under Thailand, Malaysia 72.2 years, Singapore and Japan 77.4 years 80.8 years. Indonesia is the low life expectancy caused by several things, such as low access to health care, poor access to clean water, poor nutrition, infectious disease outbreaks and the slow handling of maternal mortality, all of whom are from the lack of state budget for the health sector
Can be concluded that the state budget arranged by government and parliament have been prepared to deny the Pancasila, particularly the Fifth Precept in which contains the state’s responsibility to bring equitable progress and social justice.
Seeing these conditions, the budget for the Public Welfare Coalition will sue (judicial review) State Budget 2012 Changes in the Constitutional Court on June 5, 2012.
Jakarta, May 31, 2012

BUDGET STATE COALITION FOR THE WELFARE OF THE PEOPLE:
• Indonesian Human Rights Committee for Social Justice (IHCS)
• Indonesia Forum for Budget Transparency (FITRA)
• Pesantren and Community Development Association (P3M)
• Independent Budget Commission (KAI)
• Community initiatives for the welfare and development of alternative (INITIATIVE)
• Anti-Debt Coalition (KAU)
• Women’s Association of Small Business Assistance (ASPUK)
• People’s Coalition for Justice Fisheries (KIARA)
• Indonesian Peasants Union (SPI)
• Trade Union Rights Centre (TURC)

Contact Person:
Gunawan (081584745469);
Yuna Farhan (08161860874);
Abdul Waidl (08159878729);
Abdul Halim (081553100259)

Filed under: Uncategorized

Comments are closed.